The AMI Annual Conference serves as a springboard for new ideas and fresh connections. Every year, Montessorians from around the world join us to share information, create new bonds and renew old ones, and embrace their enthusiasm for the Montessori Movement.
- Keynote speakers—such as Maya Angelou, Jane Goodall, Marian Wright Edelman, Greg Mortenson, and Daniel Pink—charge us with their vision of the world and the future, and reinforce or expand our understanding of the work we are here to do.
- Special events, such as conference auctions and the AMI’s 50th anniversary celebration —reconnect individuals to the Society and to our united mission.
- Other events, including tours of local Montessori schools and volunteer service days, offer conference-goers an opportunity to learn from and give back to the host conference city.
- Conference participants choose from a multitude of workshops and leave with knowledge and experience to help further their mission. Workshops address curriculum, socio-emotional development, leadership, public policy, research, and much more. Our conferences truly offer “something for everyone.”
- Participation in AMS conferences earns you contact hours toward the AMS Certification of Continuing Professional Development; some conferences offer the additional opportunity of earning continuing education units (ECE).